What type of divorce visa is right for me?

๐Ÿ‘‹ Hello, This is K-VISA 

Recently, we have been receiving a lot of inquiries about divorce.

Divorce is just as common as migrant marriage.

However, it is often asked what kind of divorce visa

 is more suitable or what is the most effective 

way to reduce damage in the divorce process.

So today, I am going to talk about the 

general story of divorce visa.

It would be nice if there was no such thing as a divorce, 

but there are many cases of divorce for personal reasons 

and other practical reasons in life.

In fact, there are many different types of divorce visas

 as well as for a variety of reasons.

โœ๏ธ Consensual divorce visa

An example is consensual divorce

 and the name of the visa is F-1-6.

The important parts here are 

the three basic requirements below.

1๏ธโƒฃ The fact that the divorce was mutually agreed upon

2๏ธโƒฃ No children

3๏ธโƒฃ The fact that there are other reasons to stay in Korea

(For example, the reason for the division of the property, etc.)

In this case, you can stay in Korea 

for a total of 1 year, twice every 6 months.

โœ๏ธ Child Raising Divorce Visa

Second, there is a visa to stay in Korea

 for the purpose of raising children

 even though they are divorced. It's called the F-6-2.

In other words, it is a visa that is issued 

when a person continues to stay in Korea 

due to custody or interview rights despite divorce.

The requirements are:

1๏ธโƒฃ Consensus or legally divorced

2๏ธโƒฃ Have a child born and must be a minor

3๏ธโƒฃ The contents of the right to interview or custody 

shall be specified in the judgment of the family court;

At this time, you can stay until 

your child becomes an adult, 

and since the F-6 visa is maintained, 

it is possible to change to an

 F-5 permanent resident status later.

โœ๏ธ Divorce that occurred for reasons 

other than your fault

Finally, it is a case of divorce without 

any cause attributable to you.

In other words, it means a case of divorce due to reasons 

attributable to the Korean spouse, not the foreign spouse.

If you meet these basic requirements as below, 

you can change your visa.

1๏ธโƒฃ In case of divorce due to the fault of the Korean spouse

2๏ธโƒฃ In case the contents of the document

for the cause attributable are stated

3๏ธโƒฃ Where the relevant contents are stated 

in the divorce decree in the Family Court

4๏ธโƒฃ In case there is other evidence

๐Ÿ’ก You may want to know

Can I change my visa only after the divorce is over?

No, it is possible to extend or 

change the process of preparing for divorce.

  In addition, there is a visa that can be changed 

if the reason is attributable to the foreign spouse 

other than the above, 

but is taking care of the family of the Korean spouse.

๐Ÿ‘‹ Conclusion

In other words,

 I would like to point out that there are visas 

for various reasons, as much as divorce for various reasons.

Visa is a forest and it is easy to think of it as an algorithm, 

and it is very important to prepare with 

the overall contents of the visa in mind.

Thank you!