Corporate Invitation of foreign employees/partners ( Short-term stay, C-3 Visa )


Hello, This K-VISA ๐Ÿ’™

Overseas travel and business trips had been 

stagnant due to the spread of COVID-19

but it is gradually recovering๐Ÿ’ซ

There is an increasing number of inquiries 

about visas issued when overseas personnel 

are invited for business trips,

conference attendance, market research, 

or for various reasons.

Let's find out what kind of visa is issued 

and the necessary documents required in this case.

๐Ÿ‘ค What visa is required 

to invite foreigner from corporate?

In the case of a short-term visit to Korea for a business trip, 

if the country has a visa exemption agreement

you can get a K-ETA.

However, if you are inviting a foreigner from a country 

that does not have a visa exemption agreement

you must obtain a visa suitable for the purpose of entry.

In most cases, C-3 short-term visas are being issued.

Issuance of Short-term visa C-3 and E-visa 

is now resumed since June 1, 2021๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

It was temporarily suspended from April 13, 2020 

due to the blockade of overseas inflow of COVID19.

๐Ÿซง๐Ÿชง What is C-3 Visa ?

The C-3 visa is a short-term visit visa 

that allows you to stay in Korea for 90 days.

Among the types of C-3 visa, 

there is a general business ( C-3-4 ) 

that allows foreigners to be invited to work in a company.

โœ๏ธ General business ( C-3-4 )

1๏ธโƒฃ Period of stay : Up to 90 days

2๏ธโƒฃ Validity period: 3 months from date of issue

3๏ธโƒฃ Number of uses : 1 time 

Those who intend to stay for a short period of time

for market research, business contact, consultation, 

contract, installation, maintenance, inspection,

 and operation of import/export machines, etc. 

or for similar purposes can apply.

All short-term visit ( C-3 ) qualifications 

cannot be issued to for-profit persons,

So apply for C-3-4 only if the company 

pays the applicant's visit expenses a

nd the applicant should not receive any remuneration 

from the Korean company.

For the purpose of short-term visits 

that provide certain labor, skills, etc. 

and receive considerable remuneration, you must apply 

for a short-term employment (C-4).

๐Ÿ—‚ Documents to submit

[ 1๏ธโƒฃ Required Documents for Korean Invitees ]

โœ”๏ธ Invitation letter (submit original)

- There is no separate form, invitation period, Reason for invitation, 

details of return guarantee

(All contents including the specific invitation date 

must be stated in detail), etc.

- The same seal as the corporate seal certificate 

(or use the original seal of the institution)

- Registered in the business registration certificate. 

The representative must be the invitee

- A staff member in charge will act 

on behalf of the invitation

- If your personal seal is sealed, Personal seal certificate and

 employment certificate must be attached

โœ”๏ธ Certificate of Identity (Original submission)

- Maximum period of identity guarantee is 4 years

- The same seal as the corporate seal certificate

(or use the original seal of the institution)

- Registered in the business registration certificate

- The representative must be the guarantor

- A staff member in charge will act on behalf of the invitation

If your personal seal is sealed, Personal seal certificate 

and employment certificate must be attached

โœ”๏ธ Certificate of corporate seal / Personal seal certificate

(in case of individual entrepreneur)

- In invitations and certificates of identity.

 In case of signature other than corporate seal seal

- Signature must be submitted

- In case of using the used seal for invitations and certificates 

of identity, additional submission of the used seal is required.

โœ”๏ธ Business registration certificate or unique number

(issued within the last 3 months)

โ€ป Business registration certificate is not applicable.

โœ”๏ธ Proof of payment history / proof of tax payment

(issued within the last 3 months)

โ€ป Tax payment certificate and VAT standard certificate 

are not applicable.

โœ”๏ธ Schedule (same as invitation period in invitation letter)

- Detailed schedule outline and work details, etc.

โœ”๏ธ Proof of commercial purpose

- Purchase contract, letter of intent for business promotion, 

import/export declaration certificate, LC copy, 

import/export performance confirmation,

Remittance receipt, recipt receipt, copy of B/L, etc.

[ 2๏ธโƒฃ Required documents for overseas applicants ]

โœ”๏ธPassport and copy

( Valid from the date of visa application more than 6 month )

โœ”๏ธ Visa issuance application form

(Passport photo taken within

6 months 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm 

with white background)

โœ”๏ธ Proof of employment

- Office worker: Business registration certificate 

(issued in the last 3 months),employment contract, 

business trip order

- CEO: Business registration certificate 

(issued in the last 3 months)

โœ”๏ธ Documents proving the business operator

โœ”๏ธ Tax payment certificate

โœ”๏ธ Copy of applicant's ID

โœ”๏ธ Proof of commercial purpose

- Investment certificate, purchase contract, LC copy, 

import/export performance confirmation, remittance certificate, 

collection certificate, B/L copy, etc.

๐Ÿ“† How long does it take?

After preparing and submitting all documents,

it takes about 12-15 BUSINESS DAY 

from the date of submission.

Please note that it takes longer 

considering the company's documents and

the preparation of overseas personnel's documents.

๐Ÿšจ Caution 

There is no expedited service for visa issuance. 

So, you need to plan your 

business trip in consideration 

of the issuance period.

Visa issuance is decided after document review, 

and additional documents may be

 required after document review.

Please note that if the submitted documents are insufficient,

documents may not be accepted.

Licensed administrative agents

who are specialized in immigration provide 

personalized & multilingual visa service at K-VISA.

Pleae learn about our services

Visa Consultation