Am I working illegally? Find out the visa that allows you to work with K-VISA

Hello, This is K-VISA

We support safe and stable life

of foreigners in Korea๐Ÿ™

Today, We'd like to discuss on

illegal employment of foreginers

and strict stance of government๐Ÿ˜ข

As a result of the intensive crackdown 

on illegal employment 

of foreigners and employment brokers 

for two months 

from June 1 to July 31, 2022, 

the Ministry of Justice discovered 

642 foreigners, 11 brokers, 

and 234 illegal employers.

From September to October, 

the Ministry of Justice will establish an order of stay

by conducting intensive crackdownsbon parcel delivery

 and delivery riders, illegal taxi sales using cannon trucks, 

and illegal employment brokers for international student 

and foreigners who deviate from seasonal work 

that threaten public safety and encroachment 

on the jobs of ordinary people.

Then, let's find out 

what kind of illegal employment for foreigners

 and what kind of fines and punishments there are

with K-Visa ๐Ÿ™Œ

โœ๏ธ Regulations on illegal employment for foreginers

It is stipulated on the Article 18 (1) 

of the Immigration Control Act,

“For foreigners to work in the Republic of Korea, 

they must obtain a sojourn status that allows them to engage in

 employment activities, as prescribed by Presidential Decree.”

Paragraph 3 also stipulates that

“No one shall employ a person who does not

 have the status of sojourn under Paragraph 1”.

In addition, Article 94, Item 9,

“a person who employs a person who does not have 

the status of sojourn for employment in violation of Article 18 (3) 

shall be punished by imprisonment with 

labor for not more than three years 

or by a fine not exceeding 30 million won..”

So, let's find out 

what status of residence are available for employment.

๐Ÿง‘‍๐Ÿ”ง Visa with no restrictions on employment 

There are no restrictionon employment 

for permanent resident status and marriage visa.

โœ”๏ธ F-2 (Residence)

โœ”๏ธ F-5 (Permanent Resident Status)

โœ”๏ธ F-6 (migrant marriage)

๐Ÿ’‍โ™€๏ธ Visa with restrictions on employment

The following visas allow employment, but there is 

an upper limit on the period of stay

and there are restrictions on the field of employment 

depending on the conditions.

You can only work in the designated workplace,

and you must obtain permission from the Minister of Justice

to change or add a workplace within

 the scope of your status of stay.

โœ”๏ธ C-4 Short-term employment (90 days)

โœ”๏ธ D-10 Work Search Visa (6 months)

โœ”๏ธ E-1 Professor (5 years) 

โœ”๏ธ E-6 Performing Arts (2 years)

โœ”๏ธ E-10 Sailor employment (1 year)

โœ”๏ธ E-7 Specific Activities (3 years)

โœ”๏ธ E-9 Non-professional work visa (3 years)

โœ”๏ธ F-4 Overseas Koreans Visa

(Can be renewed for 3 years, simple labor is not allowed)

โœ”๏ธ H-2 Visit and Work (3 years)

๐Ÿ™… Visa that does not allow employment 

Foreigners with the following status of residence 

are not allowedto work in Korea.

โœ”๏ธ A series and B series

โœ”๏ธ All C-series 

(excluding C-4 short-term employment,

C-3-4 is considered commercial)

โœ”๏ธ All D series

(Except for D-10 job search activity visa)

โœ”๏ธF-1 Visiting & Joining Family

(However, domestic assistants such as F-1-22 are allowed)

โœ”๏ธ F-3 Dependent family visa 

โœ”๏ธG-1 Other Visa

๐Ÿ’ธ Punishment and fines 

If a foreigner who does not have

a status of residence that allows him/her to work finds a job, 

he/she is subject to imprisonment for not more than 

3 yearsor a fine of not more than 

30 million won.

In addition, if you hire a foreigner 

who does not have a status of residence 

that allows to engage in job hunting,

or if you arrange or solicit such employment 

as a business, you will be punished by imprisonment

 for not more than 3 years by 

a fine of not more tha 30 million won.

In accordance with Article 90-2 of the Immigration Control Act

(Responsibility for Expenses for 

Departure of Illegally Working Foreigners), 

 the employer is responsible for 

the cost of leaving the country for illegal employee.

"The Minister of Justice may have a person 

who employs a foreigner who does not have 

a status of residence for employment

 (hereinafter referred to as "illegal employer") 

bear all or part of the expenses

 incurred by the foreigner for leaving the country"

Licensed administrative agents

who are specialized in immigration

provide personalized & multilingual

visa service at K-VISA.

Pleae click below to learn more about our services

Visa  Consultation